Mews Unfold 2021: Rethinking an Industry
Unfold is an annual forum hosted and curated by Mews, bringing together the industry’s most inspiring innovators, visionaries and counter-cultural thinkers.
This year’s event is themed around Rethinking an Industry in light of the challenges and opportunities presented by the last 18 months. Join us in exploring new ideas and developments within hospitality and beyond, as we focus on how to make the most of your property’s potential and consider the new technologies shaping our industry and altering the guest experience.
The Student Hotel
Big Mama Hotels
Hotel Tech Report
Session 1: Our World Tomorrow Part 1
The 5 trends we expect to see sticking in hospitality
What have we learned from the last 20 months? How will this impact the way people think and buy? What are our expectations towards sustainability, digital messaging, security, and guest empowerment? We explore how to build on the innovation and transformation we’ve already seen.
- Matt Welle, CEO, Mews
- Richard Valtr, Founder, Mews
Session 1: Our World Tomorrow Part 2
Fireside chat with Jordan Hollander
- Entering a new tech landscape - consolidation and funding
- How will the biggest brands in hospitality respond?
- Jordan Hollander, CEO, Hotel Tech Report
Session 2: Hospitality Tomorrow: Rethinking the Industry
Thinking forward but learning from the past, what trends and habits will stick and where should hospitality focus our growth?
- Moderator: Matt Welle, CEO, Mews
- Steve Haag, Managing Director, Saco - Edyn
- Carla Milavanov, SVP Global Technology and Customer Services, Accor
- James Lemon, Founder & CEO, Otolo (Partner, The Growth Works)
- Vassilis Syropoulos, CEO, Juyo
Session 3: Industry Forecasts: Winning the Booking
Direct traffic is the holy grail for bookings, and managing your various channels will prove vital to maximizing profits. How do you balance occupancy with reservation reach?
- Moderators: Leah Anathan, CMO, Mews, and Matt Welle, CEO, Mews
- Henk Adriaans, MD of Europe, Revinate
- James Bishop, Senior Director - Global Ecosystem, SiteMinder
- Jens Egemalm, Director of Distribution, Pandox RMC
- Joe Pettigrew, Senior Vice President, Commercial Strategy, YOTEL
Session 4: Realizing Your Property’s Full Potential
The world is adapting. Hybrid workspaces and co-working, hotels turned into homes and offices, and long stays are all on the rise. These are huge opportunities for hospitality, so what are we doing about it?
- Moderators: Richard Valtr, Founder, Mews, and Matt Welle, CEO, Mews
- Charlie McGregor, Founder, The Student Hotel
- Rami Zeidan, Co-Founder, Life House
- Bertrand Blancha, VP Global Hotel Technology, Accor
- Klaus Kohlmayr, Chief Evangelist and Head of Strategy, IDeaS
Session 5: Mews Innovation Session: Our Vision for Hospitality
Want to know what hospitality will look like in five years' time? Dive into the world of Mews with our product gurus as they pick their brains about industry standards going forward. You’ll also get the inside scoop on some of our latest releases and see what we have in store for you for in 2022.
- Jirka Helmich, Chief Product Officer, Mews
- Aldair Borges, Project Manager Mews
Session 6: Build your Perfect Tech Stack
Each hotel is unique, and you should be able to build a tech stack that suits your property, employees, and customers. Learn from hotels who have been custom building their tech and automation to maximize their potential.
- Moderator: Josef Lapka, Senior Product Director, Mews
- Alex Hysberg, Consultant, Inji Niji (Previously of CitizenM)
- Erik Tengen, Co- Founder, Oaky
- Dave Collier, General Manager- Americas, OTA Insight
- Robin Clifford, VP of Global Supply, Impala (ex Airbnb and Booking)
- Tobias Koehler, Chief Commercial Officer, Big Mama Hotels