9 November 2021
Mews announces 100% growth of cloud subscriptions since the pandemic
- 100% growth in cloud subscriptions as hoteliers' appetite for tech-enabled guest experiences increases
- New Accor partnership ensures the company is set to continue growth trajectory
- Unfold 2021 will bring together leaders and experts from across hospitality to discuss the future
[LONDON & AMSTERDAM - 9 NOVEMBER 2021] Mews, a leader in property management systems, today announces more than 100% growth of its subscriptions for the Mews Hospitality Cloud during the pandemic; from March 2020 to September 2021. Growth during this 18-month period was fuelled by digital transformation in hospitality, multiple acquisitions including Hotel Perfect, and the company has signed a global partnership with Accor. This ground-breaking partnership will give Accor’s hoteliers access to one of the most innovative solutions on the market when it comes to cloud-based technologies, which are becoming pervasive across Accor’s 5,200+ properties.
“We’re extremely proud to partner with Accor on its ambitious digital transformation program,” said Matthijs Welle, CEO of Mews. “We’ve worked closely with the Accor team to understand their goals, which is to use best-of-breed technology that enables their teams to create remarkable guest experiences. Leveraging our powerful cloud capabilities, intuitive UI, and unrivaled marketplace, we’re ready to support Accor in becoming the most agile hospitality brand in the world.” By using Mews, Accor will benefit from:
- Native cloud and mobile capabilities – Mews is a cloud-first property management system designed to automate, simplify and scale any hotel operation.
- Speed of deployment – Mews can be rolled out in Accor properties in a matter of days or weeks.
- Intuitive UI – Mews has been built so that, with minimal training and support, users can understand and fulfil tasks with efficiency and speed.
- Mews Marketplace – Mews has integrations with 600 hotel technology providers so that hoteliers can build an optimal software ecosystem for their property and guest experience.
- Internationalized - Mews is immediately ready to use in more than 60 countries around the world with guests able to choose from over 20 languages and currencies.
Several Accor properties and management companies have already successfully onboarded the Mews property management system including Ibis, Mercure, Novotel, Mövenpick, Greet, HotelF1, JO&JOE, Dalmata Hospitality Group, RBH Group, AGO Hotels, Schwartz Family Hotels, MOA Group and WIN Hotel Group.
Stefan Winistörfer, the General Manager of MOA Mercure Berlin, an Accor brand, said of the Mews partnership, “MOA Berlin has strong ambitions when it comes to technology innovation and the guest experience. Our partnership with Mews is designed to streamline our 350-room hotel operations, modernize the guest journey and support the vision of Augmented Hospitality at Accor.”
Richard Valtr, Founder of Mews, commented, “We’re so encouraged by the recovery that’s happening in our industry, but make no mistakes about it, hospitality will never be the same again. We’re witnessing an incredible period of transformation for hoteliers as they respond to a new normal and a changed guest. The entire team at Mews is working tirelessly to help our customers recover faster and become more resilient through open, flexible technology that allows for continuous innovation.”
The company is also announcing dates for their annual forum, called UNFOLD: Rethinking an Industry. From 1-2 December, UNFOLD will bring together recognized innovators and thought leaders from hospitality. Speakers include Rami Zeidan, Founder & CEO of Life House, Charlie MacGregor, CEO & Founder of The Student Hotel, Carla Milovanov, SVP Global Technology and Customer Services at Accor, and Steven Haag, Managing Director of Saco & Cove. Registration is free and the event will be exclusively online. You can sign up here.